Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Welcome to My Madness

A friend of mine said to me recently “I always thought you should do something like that”… So here we are. Welcome to my madness. My creative obsession du jour is cooking! Tomorrow it may go back to jewelry, or dresses, or wooly pants for babies who only wear cloth diapers. Which, BTW, is an awesome idea…

Right. Back to the cooking.

So I am the 21st century June Cleaver of the bunch. The Stepford Wife. I should wear an apron and pearls every day, but that would just be overkill. I use all REAL ingredients… no fakey bleached, sugar free fat free taste free crap. Butter. Virgin olive oil. Heavy cream. Whole wheat everything. Raw sugar. To me, a little real fat and sugar is infinitely better than putting chemicals in your body. I repurpose/recycle/reuse/compost almost everything, I have a fairly decent herb garden and a small vegetable garden on my window sill. I live in Southern California… no way in hell I can afford property, but I do have cute little gardening pots, organic soil, and a whole lot of sun and ocean breeze flowing through my windows. Ya, I know, life is hard in paradise…

Here’s the thing: I have no man rushing home from the office because he’s late for dinner. No kids to smile adoringly from the kitchen table. (Right my marrieds? Isn’t that how it works in your houses? Hahahaha…) I’ll get to the point: I hear this so often… “This recipe looks so good, but who wants leftovers of the same thing all week??” Well, my darlings, if there is one thing Miz Sunshine is good at, its testing and faking recipies. And I am willing to share. Maybe you might have enough for lunch the next day, depending on what it is and your appetite, but for the most part… anything that looks good for 6, I can turn into Yummy, Party of One.

Books and books and magazines and printouts and scribbles of fabulous recipies… for 4 or 6 or 8, or -GOD FORBID- 12. Seriously? Who the eff cooks for 12 on a regular basis?

I cook for one.

Me.

Aside from the occasional contribution to the random family dinner gathering, ya… its just June Stepford.

So… you wont find a lot of meat here. A lot of veggie, fair amount of chicken, some bacon now and again… no cows and no fish. If you want cow and fish for one, I am not your girl. We got us here: pastas, chickens, soups, salads, veggies, potatoes in every form, baked goods and desserts YUM. I’ll warn you that the baked goods and desserts presented here most often would serve 12, but I leave those pretty much as is, and somehow I don’t mind eating them 12 times in a row… huh… weird…

Anyway. I hope you enjoy.

If ever you need the undoctored version of a recipe I use, please email me and I will point you in the right direction!

xo
Sunshine

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this Hammy! It is so awesome! I can hardly wait to see what you put up. Please keep me posted on new postings!!

    ReplyDelete